Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with a local who has been going to the meetings. They have decided not to poison the lake but instead they are going to waste millions by shocking and killing the pike and bass :mad: They are then going to re-evaluate in 5 years and poison it then if shocking hasn't been effective enough.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They were scheduled to poison in September this year, as for shock and kill I do not know when they are planning on starting that. I caught my PB smallie up there last year, frigging tank on a fly

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Sounds like job security for those guvment employees...

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
ice fish the crap out of it. i saw pics of some of the iced pike coming out of there... good lawd.

i guess i'll take the lesser of 2 evils. so stupid they would try to ruin what is arguably the best pike lake in the rocky mountains...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
more of the same old **** over here on the west slope kill kill kill.....way to go shermin....did your see new 20 perch bag and possesion on Rifle also, 20 fish makes a short day sometimes lol interesting thing is they just put a limit on a fish that was illegally introduced.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
more of the same old **** over here on the west slope kill kill kill.....way to go shermin....did your see new 20 perch bag and possesion on Rifle also, 20 fish makes a short day sometimes lol interesting thing is they just put a limit on a fish that was illegally introduced.
Lori Martins work at its finest!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Idiots. It's like they are completely in the pocket, 100%, with the tourism industry.

Re-worded that a little for you, Riv.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
In this case the blame needs to be placed on the EPA and the Endangered Species Act.

http://www.coloradoriverrecovery.org/
true to some level. I dont see utah jumping through hoops and posioning and netting wholesale to make the Feds love them. The CPW is running scared of losing Fed dollors. So yes Feds are telling them to make progress but how they do it is CPW business, nets and posion tool of choice.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Only fished it once, but what a great lake for Pike, Smallies, and even a few Crappie. Just doesn't make sense that they would want to screw up a solid fishery

1 - 20 of 21 Posts