Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pretty generic question, and usually I refrain from going anywhere on Memorial Day weekend with the crowds and all that nonsense. I imagine there is still going to be a good deal of snow up in the high country and imagine the run off will be flowing pretty hard in the rivers.

Anyways, this is the first time in a while that I can get some decent days off. Not trying to be "that guy", but any suggestions on places that are fishable/hikable near the end of the month? Not trying to hotspot, and am willing to put some miles on the truck to make a good distance, get outta state, whatever. Just need a vacation and would prefer some camping and hiking. Need to get out mang and don't want to deal with all the crowds. Summer can't get here soon enough.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Beautiful pictures ;D Is the third one down in Colorado? Sure doesn't look like it....

Run off will certainly be on by the end of the month so I'd suggest getting to higher elevations or tailwaters.

Arkansas will be fishing well still, Williams fork may be, smaller high mountain streams that have opened but not been blown, and who knows maybe a little Homestake.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you want to find some hike in lakes. Download lakefinder by Alan, then run a query on lakes that are less than 10,000 feet. Those MIGHT be open by then. otherwise, I would float tube fish some reservoirs around the state.

like the pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts