Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here have one?

How well does it work? What about when you want to run your outboard at full throttle, does the trolling motor create extra drag? How does running the outboard affect the trolling motor when you're running full throttle?

They look pretty kool, and would be beneficial for a few lakes, just wondering how well it works with the outboard...

Thanks.

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Kenny, contact FishRangler. He has one and loves it, I've checked into them but like the setup I have now. He uses his for Atown where it would be the best!

·
Registered
16,534 Posts
TthePikester said:
Kenny, contact FishRangler. He has one and loves it, I've checked into them but like the setup I have now. He uses his for Atown where it would be the best!
I was ahead of rangler at Atown heading back to the dock one evening. He blew me away with that setup.

For speeed and control you cant beat it. I think they are pretty pricey though-

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
the nice thing is you can drive from the drivers seat, the bad thing is you have to drive from the drivers seat. for trolling they are great , for casting they stink. for straight lines they are great for manovering in thght quarters ,not so good. in most cases a puller is better than a pusher. in othre words you have to think of what you want out of your trolling motor.

i have a terrova 80lb with I-pilot and can drive it from anywhere in the boat

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
They are nice for trolling in lakes like A_town. I still suggest a bow mount to go along with that setup along with the engine mount. Fishrangler' s setup is quick. I wonder what his top speed is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts