Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Cool vid, man!! Nice fish too... If I might add a touch of advice, you tend to get the fish a bit close to your rod tip at the end of fights.... with big fish, this will cost you one day... when you're fishing from a boat and launching bass in, that works great, but when you have big fish on and you are in a sitting position, keeping about a foot less than a rod's length of line out at all times will save you on that one big fish that runs hard, or that time your drag just isn't quite loose enough..

Great vid work, and cool rig you have set up! I loved watching. Surprised you didn't stick any pig pike on that lure...

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Good job especially that last one. 22" is nice there!
Super obese 22", too... that fish was great. Been a while since I landed a big trout...that vid had me thinking!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
"I can't believe you got the pole back AND landed the fish!!!" dallasdb

This!

And that you landed a hammer handle during that debacle.

Nice bo-bo.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone. I was super pumped to get my rod back! lol

oyey thanks for the tip ill def use that information for the future. i was keeping them close because i was scared they would run and head towards the motor since I have noticed they like to run under the boat. but i think ill take my chances and play it safer like you said.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
thanks everyone. I was super pumped to get my rod back! lol

oyey thanks for the tip ill def use that information for the future. i was keeping them close because i was scared they would run and head towards the motor since I have noticed they like to run under the boat. but i think ill take my chances and play it safer like you said.
It's tough cause you can't stand up! Which def makes the trolling motor a factor... but man, there is little room for error when there is only a foot or two of line out. I dig your set up.. Keep after the pike.. big baits.. slooow roll.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It's tough cause you can't stand up! Which def makes the trolling motor a factor... but man, there is little room for error when there is only a foot or two of line out. I dig your set up.. Keep after the pike.. big baits.. slooow roll.

Actually I can stand up. I usually do when fighting a fish. I'll keep at it with the pike for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts