Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends and I headed to Spinney this morning. They must have just stocked it earlier this week because the fishing was absolutely off the hook! Nothing big. Almost everything was between 12" and 15". A few bigger and a few smaller. After 3 hours (7:30-10:30) we got bored of catching stockers and went after bigger fish to no avail. We finally stopped counting individually and just kept a running group total. Between the four of us we totaled 202 fish, 200 of which came before 10:30. All on any lure we tossed. It was absolutely insane. My arm is actually sore from cranking in so many fish. There were several times were combined we caught fish on 7 or 8 straight casts. Left the lake at 1:00. WOW!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Dang nice!

That is more fish that slimer has caught all year :D :D ;D

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's nice to once in awhile go for the numbers. The question I have, is how many of the 200+ fish you caught survived and how many didn't after releasing them?

·
Registered
42 Posts
We wiill never know exactly. Using averages, some undoubtedly. But they were fishing within the regulations, enjoying themselves. The DOW stocks with the deaths in mind, whether by men or by pike. If true, the couple hundred they caught would have eventually been caught by others - many damaged and eaten by pike.
RyJ - keep on fishing and enjoy the wealth that Colorado has to offer. And do the best you can to release all that you catch without harm - all that any of us can do whether we catch one or a hundred.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts