Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to this place yesterday, having recently found out it was public. Small lake, but it must have just been stocked. It was stacked full of stocked rainbows. In about an hour I caught a dozen or so, but missed probably twice that many. I was using a gold kastmaster. They averaged about 10-13 inches, but a few were bigger.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
If you are talking about the one that is off of HWY 287, it has just recently been stocked. it was private (only open to Erie town residents) up to just recently, but now its public. i fished there a few times a few years ago, that lake had everything in it...big walleye, huge catfish, bass, red ear sunfish, crappie, the works. now of course it will be like everything else that is small and public...put and take. i doubt it will ever be the fishery it once was....but what is? kpetro, did you catch anything else, or just stocker rainbows....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the place. It's right by the Safeway on Arapahoe and 287. I did catch one largemouth. I had no idea of what was in there. It just seems so small and shallow to have such a variety of species. For what it's worth, there are also some monster crayfish there as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts