Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While setting up my QuickFish 3 this weekend one of the poles snapped. Anybody have experience replacing Eskimo poles?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have had great luck with Eskimo customer service.I had a Quick-Flip 2 that was 2 years old and lost one of the poles because it was so long it stuck out of the sled.Contacted them and told them what happened and they said they changed that pole to a extending type to fit in the sled and sent me a new one.I also asked if they could send me some extra push button snaps and a couple of the plastic pole snaps and they did.
AWESOME.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The replacement poles are cheap enough, just not sure what kind of process to replace one. FYI, when they shatter, use gloves to handle them, my hands are full of fiberglass splinters

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a storm crush my fat fish! I haven't been able to get poles for it as they were always out of stock! I repaired 3 poles with this fancy tape that hardens solid! Then wrapped with gorilla tape! Used it once and then gave to my brother! Don't think he's used it yet! I've heard it's a simple fix just take hub apart remove and replace? Good luck

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a storm crush my fat fish! I haven't been able to get poles for it as they were always out of stock! I repaired 3 poles with this fancy tape that hardens solid! Then wrapped with gorilla tape! Used it once and then gave to my brother! Don't think he's used it yet! I've heard it's a simple fix just take hub apart remove and replace? Good luck
This pole shattered beyond a tape repair. I was thinking it was about as simple as pulling the hub apart but wasn't sure. Thanks for the info, they had my pole in stock but they wanted $250 for NDA shipping :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Stupid easy to fix. I just used tent poles from an old dome tent that we no longer use. In fact, whenever i find used poles in campground trash bins, I keep them for that very use. Just use most types of saw to cut to exact length.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stupid easy to fix. I just used tent poles from an old dome tent that we no longer use. In fact, whenever i find used poles in campground trash bins, I keep them for that very use. Just use most types of saw to cut to exact length.
Good to know

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eskimo came through for me, I ordered 2 new poles on Monday and they were delivered today, just in time to hit the ice again tomorrow. Next time I may go the route of tent poles but I am happy to support Eskimo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts