Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Estas Park 3-5-06

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  LouInDenver 
#1 ·
Fished estas today.We got up there at about 7:30am.The fishing was GREAT!No big fish,but lots of action.The two of us caught(and released)over 40 fish in 3hrs.The bulk of the fish were 10"to 14" rainbows,Although we did manage to get a couple of small browns.We fished samon eggs just off the bottom with a two hook set up.There were a couple of times I caught 2 fish on 1 line!

#11 ·
The easiest way to get there is to get on highway 7. It's St. Vrain ave. as it leaves town (Estes). Take that to Mary's Lake road. I would say it's around 5 miles (maybe less) on the right hand side. That will take you to where you can see the lake.

The fishing there is great, unless they're not biting. It seems at Estes if they aren't biting in one spot you can move and they will be somewhere else. Not so at Mary's. If they are hitting (which seems often), you can get into alot of Trout. Mostly Rainbows, but decent size. There are are Lakers. My buddy caught 4 this year fishing for trout w/ worms.

I use small gold Super Dupers, small copper Thomas Bouyants, blue/white/pink Tasmanian Devils, and fly and bubble. Check w/ the guys at Kirk's (in Estes) for flys that are working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.