Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fishing has been off the hook up here!

Lake Estes - Friday night 4:30 - 6:00. Caught 4 Rainbows 14 - 17 & 1/2 inches and fat! Used fly & bubble on small side of lake. (Trying to catch some Perch like the Fogal brothers).

Not private, but unknown ponds - Saturday night 5:00 - 6:00. Caught a few small Perch. Used bits of worms.

Mary's Lake - Sunday morning 9:00 - 1:30. Never saw so many fish caught here! Everyone was limiting out. Don't think it really mattered what was used, but people using bait we're schooling me.  :-[ I was fishing w/ my buddy Ron. He caught 20 using white or orange Power-Bait. I caught 6 using Super-Dupers and Thomas Boyant's. In my defence, He had gotten 2 before I started, and he was using 2 rods to my 1.  :-[   

M

·
0 Posts
Re: Estes

Slunds like a great outing!

The first time I fished Mary's we caught 4 nice trout. The last time I fished there........I GOT THE SKUNK!!! :-\ :-\ Well I'm glad you didn't get the skunk. ;D

·
Registered
410 Posts

Fished Mary's last fall with the kids. After catching a few to take back to camp, I gave the two kids spinners to cast. They still got a bunch of fish with the spinners. Had the barbs clamped down. It was fun wathing the kids learn to land fish with no barbs. After losing a few fish my 9 year old finally strated landing fish without getting a bunch of slack in the line while landing a fish.

We got most of them on what I call the money clip lure(shaped like a money clip). Gold or Silver with either red or black spots on it.

F

·
0 Posts

awesome......I'm gonna get up there this week some time....try to catch some browns

F

·
0 Posts

anything with size ....I always do good right below the damn with my fly rod ......but they all seem to be under 18'

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

my brother and i have caught um up to 20 inches on the pencil minow rapalas , one had a pretty good hook jaw, that was in the deeper hole , i catch my browns down from the bridge in the small deep pole after the bridge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts