Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Estes Park (early November)

Mary's Lake --- Has slowed down a little since last report. I went a couple of days before Halloween after work, and did ok. I caught 4 in about 2 hours after work. 3 off a 1/4 ounce blue/pink Tasmanian Devil (one of my favorite lures for Mary's), and 1 off a gold/red Super Duper. From what I've heard it's still producing. it's just timing it right. People will catch 3 in 15 minutes, and then go 2 hour w/out a bite. One of the older guys that fishes in Estes alot. Told my buddy and I, he caught 2 Mackinaws there last week.? 

Lake Estes --- Has been non-stop. I stopped Thursday (the 3rd) after work, and watched my friend Ron catch 4 in a half hour. He was using worms, a sinker, size 18 treble hook, and a foot and a half leader. I joined him after work yesturday (the 4th), and caught 3 in an hour using a Thomas Boyant. He caught 4 (and lost 2) using same set-up as before.
Everytime I've fished Estes since my last report (maybe 3 weeks ago?) I've done well. 

Both lakes (especially Estes) are really low. You can wade (almost walk) across the middle of Estes now.

I

·
0 Posts
Re: Estes Park (early November)

I no what you mean about Marys Lake and timing it right. Any size to those Macks. Did you try The Big T anywhere.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

My buddy just caught his 2nd Mack this year @ Mary's. The 1st was just under 19, and I'm not sure about the 2nd. he said it was bigger. I'll post a pic later this week.

Ice fishing isn't allowed in Estes, but the lake never relly freezes completly over. Last year I found enough open water to fish every week. I do know of some ponds in Estes (public) that people ice fish. I think it's mostly Perch though.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts

hey james havent been to estes in awhile good to hear its doing good what part of marys was ur friend catching the lake trout i;d like to come up and try some spawn sacs there if its worth it i;m not sure if theres alot of macs in there or not do u know if the waters shooting out right now thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts