Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went on what we thought would be our last trip across Trail ridge (I slipped in one more trip I'll post on later. To Steamboat & the Flattops).

Trail Ridge is the highest highway in the United States. The views are breathtaking (my pics don't do it justice)

We take a trip across it once every spring, and another in the fall.

The trip always has wildlife viewing

There's a visiter center near the top that has restrooms, a scenic tundra walk, a resturaunt, and souvenir shop.

We were lucky to spot a couple Moose (I hung out with them for awhile)

The highway was closed the day before due to a forest fire. Luckily, they had it under control

A trip to Grand Lake always has to include a stop at the Dairy King

I also recommend PONCHO & LEFTY's mmm ;D

Grand Lake

On the way home, I walked to one of my favorite lakes in Rocky Mountain National Park, for some flyfishing.

Microbuggers and Orange Ashers did a lot of damage ;)

Heading home

Bad picture, but he was right out our Jeep window

I highly recommend making it over Trail Ridge at least once (Watch for my Old Fall River to Trail Ridge post in the spring [I'll take more and better pictures])

·
Registered
111 Posts
You're lucky to live in such a beautiful area. Those Moose are crazy, I've always wanted to see one of those in person. Never seen a Dairy KING before either... only the DQ's around here... does the DK sell blizzards?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I can't get enough of those wildlife pics. Those brookies look mean too. I'll have to stop in dairy king and/or poncho and lefties next year. I "fish commute" over trail ridge about 5 times a year.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Man it looks like you really were hagin' out with those moose! Did you zoom to get that shot or were you hidding in the trees? Nice brook and nice pics too. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
209 Posts
James, Great Trip! I have only seen one moose in my life 8 years ago up the Puudren the way to Dowdy! Thanks for sharing. Pity the poor man that had never seen an eagle fly! Fortunate to see them EVERYDAY UP HERE IN ESTES! BOTTOM FEEDER. Only 115 days until RACOON CITY OPENS!!! :'(

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Nice james! Love the pics. Jclay and I always have a good time at poncho and lefty's at the 3 lakes tourney :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts