Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kirk's Fly Shop is holding an ice fishing tournament Saturday, Febuary 12th.

9am - 1pm

Private Lake Adrian

$35 per person includes entry fee, lunch, and drinks (there will be a cookout after the tournament)

Prizes for winners

I'm not positive about the rules, but I think it's one rod, and barbless hooks. I think bait (like wax/meal worms) are allowed?

One other thing. The guys at Kirks are always cool to me, but I probably won't be making this.. :'( I have a 4 day weekend, but it's Kara's (my wife's) birthday the 12th.. I have plans (Birthday/ Valentines) for her Friday night, all day Sunday, and Monday, but still.. :-\
Anyway, if you go, please mention to them that you heard about it from my post on this site.

Thanks ;)
James

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Just curious where is lake Adrian?...and dont tell me right next to Lake Rocky...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Off Dry Gulch rd. (one of the roads that leads to Glen Haven)

I couldn't find it on the map, but supposedly there are two lakes..

Andy, it says "catch trophy sized Trout"?

Here are the only pictures I could find . .

·
Registered
54 Posts
The last contest (in january) Kirk only alllowed 20 entrants. I think the Feb 12th contest will be the same. Adrain Lake is only 2 acres, so 20 people is about right. If you want to go, you should call and sign up. Check out his web site at /www.kirksflyshop.com/.

I've had simular experiences at Kirk's fly shop as James. They have put on some good waters and gave me good info on how to catch fish in RMNP. So dido on the people comment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts