Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 4-5 hours this saturday afternoon to fish near estes park. Does anybody have any good suggestions? I'll be with both fly rod and spinning gear.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
So you don't have to pay to park. Park at the dog park. There is a tunnle under the road right to the lake. All along the road there the fishing is pretty good. Park at the vister's, and have a short walk to the inlet (another great place to fish). You can even wade up the river through the golf course. Park at the golf course. We call that Fisherman's Nook. You park right on the lake, and it's probably the best fishing spot.
The report sais fishing is fair to good using Power-bait or worms. Salmon eggs always work as well. Try small gold lures. For flies, call Kirk's in Estes and they'll let you know what they're hitting.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I haven't fished there in a while, but in the past I've done well at Mary's Lake. I think it's just south of Estes. You may want to give that a try if Lake Estes doesn't work out.

M

·
0 Posts
I aslo reccomend Mary's Lake. Last year my dad and I had no luck in the park so we saw Mary's and fished it even though we hadn't ever heard of it. Off a rocky point we caught 4 nice trout. A small Rapala Countdown worked for us. We didn't have to cast it far. That was a year or two ago, but it may still be that way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your help. Between those two lakes we should find at least a couple trout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts