Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17,065 Posts
I been running pump gas in my old snowmobiles, of which I now have only 8 left. 1980s technology and rubber. Never had a problem. My 1991 Strikemaster still runs fine always used whatever gas in it. No problems.

It's a MYTH.

or, it's simply poor maintenance!

· Registered
17,065 Posts
Thats all fine and dandy. I'm simply posting my experience with E-10 fuels. Not only do I have 8 Vintage snowmobiles running fine on E-10, I have bought, fixed, and sold 10 others running fine on E-10. I have a Strikemaster from 1991 runs fine on E-10. All my lawnmowers thru the years, my boats, my dirtbikes never have had any trouble relating to using E-10 fuels. I actually rebuild these things, maintain, and tune them.

I still state that the problems stem from poor maintenence rather than the fuel type. You guys can run around screaming the sky is falling if you wish. It just isn't so-

· Registered
17,065 Posts
I've had old fuel line fall apart into gooey black gum right in my fingers on many occasions. It's easy to blame the Ethanol but maybe it could be the Stabil or Seafoam that was added at the end of each season for storage, or just maybe old age. :)
Nothing lasts forever-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.