Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright all you Euro Nymphers- looking for your rod recommendations based on what you have fished. Don't worry about price, I'm focusing on the experience. Personally I'm wanting to land a 10'6" 3wt. Hopefully the holiday sales time won't disappoint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Drift is a great shop. Cat is cool as hell and Winston is Da Man. I have not been south of Denver since moved to the Fort. But i think I will be making a trip or too this winter to fish P-lo.:smile: Thanks for the heads up.

Check out Zen Fly Fishing Gear for tenkara. Their Baichi rod has a soft tip with fast and stiffer body- perfect for nymphing. It also zooms from 9ft to 11ft so you can fish in 2 positions. If they're sold out, contact them, they are based out of Northern CO.

Cortland Line is supposed to come out with a new version of their Competition Nymph Rods for 2017. I think I will wait for those to hit before purchasing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up purchasing a Syndicate Pipeline Pro (P2) 11ft 2wt. I have not fished it yet, but I can tell you it has an extremely supple tip. Euro nymph rods are the only type of rods this company makes. I'll have a formal review once I get a few days with it on the water. It seems like my hook up rate will increase given this type of system's set up and that supple tip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.