Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other "pic sharing" thread was gettin kind of full, so heres some others i pulled from my old folders....

these are from when i was attached to some marines from the 11th M.E.U. working off the horn of africa a few years ago...we had nothing to do so i told them to request some rods from off of thier ship. you should of seen the stuff they were catching...

the first pic is of a large lure we found in the rocks...not your average Rapala. something bigger and meaner than we were was lurking in the depths. this thing had toothmarks all over it. we already knew to stay out of the water, as every morning i would see sharks by the dozens swimming along the beach. no swimming for us... strange we found the lure though, since we were pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

the other is a fish that was caught...not your normal everyday catch, you wont catch one of these at Chatfield. its a wrasse if i am correct, i used to keep these in my reef tank....

Attachments

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
WOW...his wrasse is green, purple and blue!

Actually a kewl picture...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
The crawdad I caught out of quail lake was a hair bigger then that sucker and drew blood. I couldn't believe it. So I had to get even and baited him up.

·
Registered
636 Posts
pescado loco said:
Big enough to throw in the pot!
I like that idea. throw it in the pot with a pouch of Old Bay seafood boil and some creol seasoning. Does anyone else eat crayfish? Sorry for posting this on the picture forum.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks 1redeye...I'm just a bassnut that is lucky enough to land a few fish. In all honesty, my bass action is suffering a bit cuz of the spotty weather.

Hoping to make up for it this weekend and going fish rain or shine!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
i love crawdads. if i am catfishing and not catching any,which is about always i will mess around and catch me some to eat. i love them

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thems sum nice bass, Basshunter! They look all plump and prespawn. Let me know when you want to go fishing...I'll buy the gas!

The pic I posted was from Saturday.

Here's a pic of the one I caught today...Rain or shine...I'm fishing!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks Mattsabasser! Yeah, all those fish are pre-spawn. That first one is from Dixon lake in early April! It turns out that the spawn is LATE this year....this last week I've seen the most activity, so I've turned off the heat on them temporarily. But the pursuit will continue after they're done......
The biggest bass I've caught this year so far was 20" long with a 21" girth!! My longest so far this spring is 23" (No pic's though :( ) How about you?

·
Registered
472 Posts
This is my biggest bass for 2005, late April. (Landmark removed from the background) 20.25" in length but only 4.9 pounds. He took the jig sideways into his gills and started bleeding a bit.

This is the only pic I took but have a video of me releasing it. My digital camera rocks!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts