Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made Ceviche with Fresh Bluegill meat! It came out amazing!!
Fishing was great too; Lots of Big gills, some good size rainbows, and a respectable 2.5#LMB!

Mixture of Fly fishing and Spinning gear with softbaits! Hope you enjoy...Full recipe and cooking process in the video description!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks good! I've never even thought about bluegill ceviche ever. The best way to eat bluegill is the deep fried method. Not sure if I'm brave enough to do bluegill ceviche. I've done drum and wiper ceviche so I guess it might be the same taste and texture.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good! I've never even thought about bluegill ceviche ever. The best way to eat bluegill is the deep fried method. Not sure if I'm brave enough to do bluegill ceviche. I've done drum and wiper ceviche so I guess it might be the same taste and texture.
Agreed! We usually always deep fry our bluegills, we even did a few fried just to do it. We wanted to switch it up though and see how it was😀 Came out great!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Nice fish! While I'm sure they did taste delicious, be careful about eating raw freshwater fish. They're a lot more likely to expose you to parasites.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Was told by a nutritionist that anytime that you use freshwater fish for ceviche, be certain that it has been frozen for at least a day. The freezing will kill most/all parasites that might be present.

It looks delicious!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was told by a nutritionist that anytime that you use freshwater fish for ceviche, be certain that it has been frozen for at least a day. The freezing will kill most/all parasites that might be present.

It looks delicious!
Ya definitely safer that way! I heard it has to be around -4 too for freshwater...It came out great though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts