Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Evergreen Lake yesterday and caught a couple nice rainbows through the ice. Ice is 18 to 24" there. Hitting on very small jig with crawlers.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
walked from the parking lot right out to the middle, there were quite a few pre drlled holes and we just used them , water depth was about 13'

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mostly rainbows but a few muskie , just not sure where they hide out in the winter. rainbows are very nice sized and very pink/red meat. great tasting ! also tried some sucker meat and quite a few jigs, no luck

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there were pools of water on the lake yesterday , but 45 mins after sunset all that water was frozen solid again , ice is very thick 18 "most of lake. thicker in some areas

M

·
0 Posts
craigknws2 said:
mostly rainbows but a few muskie , just not sure where they hide out in the winter.  rainbows are very nice sized and very pink/red meat.  great tasting ! also tried some sucker meat and quite a few jigs, no luck
make that TONS of muskie...tons, u just cant catch them...

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
wow, compared to delaney, 2 fish in 3 hours would be like a record there. at least at the north lake, sometimes you are lucky to even see one fish.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Here are a couple of pics to show the ice at evergreen.  It's deffinately cool walking out on that bare ice.  Top one is me, next is Craig with our Evergreen bows.  Dark pink meat, and one heck of an experience.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hey mikuliscool, we were up there Feb 27th. The ice was about 18-20' thick. I haven't seen the lake since. It may be but I would call someone up in Evergreen.

The number for The lake, lakehouse and fishing is 303-512-9300 .

You may find some more information from them. Laterz

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the number, I'll give them a call this weekend. And if there is a chance i can still fish, i'll post that afternoon

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to hearing how it does up there. Im sure there is still ice. An auger is really nice to take up there, but there are a lot of pre-existing holes towards the cunter that we just chipped back out . No matter what, its always a good time.

Tight lines, and good luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts