Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up around 6:00 this morning thinking I was going to fish Shadow Mountain. I called my friend and his dad said that was too far, so we headed to Evergreen. This was only my second time fishing there. As we walked around the lake to find the perfect spot, we saw about ten stocker tigers on the way. They were literally inches from the shore under the shadows of the overhanging grass. As we walked by they darted out. I would guess they were all between 18 and 20 inches, but that's a guess. They are beautiful.

Anyway, we found a spot and my friend set up with the classic worm on one hook PB on the other. I was tossing out a kastmaster. He caught a stocker rainbow. After about an hour he caught another one with a healing cut on his side and half a fin missing, so we named him Nemo. Perhaps he was the target of one of those tigers.

Both fish were returned to the lake. The skunk chose me today, but it was a beautiful day anyway.

I tried tossing a rapala along the shore, but the tigers weren't interested.

Does anyone have any tips on enticing those tigers to show me some love?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yeah I was going to evergreen today too but I had a change in plans :( but ill be going in the next week, especially since it has been recently stocked with muskies

1 - 2 of 2 Posts