Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went over to evergreen after work to try for tigers ...tried buzzbaits musky killers jerkbaits ......you name it I tried it no follows short strikes or fish ......but something made my day at the end up my trip ...I was walking back to my car taking a cast here and there I wouldnt call this fishing more like pouting thru a fishing pole ....a guy walks past me with a beautiful yellow lab, he's got the works a frizbee and rope with a ball at the end of it ...here it comes not only did I get skunked Im gonna have to leave when Im not ready.....the guy very polietly asks "do you mind if I play with my dog on the other side of the dock ? " I replied with "yea thats cool " .....after a pretty uneventfull day of fishing that guy honestly made my day ....how many times have rude people just let there dogs jump in the water right where you were fishing? instead of walking to the car like a 5 year old that didnt get my way dragging my legs and all .....I was in a good mood and had a great drive home ......I should have told the guy how cool it was that he asked that....all in all slow fishing but a good trip!!!!! sorry for the long skunk post but its early

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
That is a great story. I guess it goes to show there are still a few good people left :)

Im thinking about going to EG this weekend and trying my hand at it.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
324 Posts
my uncle would get so mad at people for this. he would increase his lure size and cast right where they where at untill they left.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
meandmydog said:
my uncle would get so mad at people for this. he would increase his lure size and cast right where they where at untill they left.
I hope he was casting it at the owner and not the dog. The dog doesn't know any better, People do though......well maybe? :) :)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
324 Posts
he wasn't trying to hit the dog but it was close. so people would ask him what he was doing and he would say"the same thing i was doing be fore you got here......FISHING"he was a pretty big guy so most of the time they would leave w/o saying a word

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry to hear that. i've been pumped for muskies from that lake all summer but havent got any either. about two weeks earlier my brother and i went up there and took our boat along. we saw a **** of them right by the lakehouse/wetlands. they just sit at the surface of thick weeds motionless, or cruise around in the weeds. pretty cool stuff to see. most of them looked to be stockers, none over 35in i'd imagine. we also saw a few sitting by the shore in that back cove where all the houses are. that seems like a money spot too. i was thinking of either putting some suckers on the bottom or throwing a jointed brown trout rapala along the surface over by the lakehouse... all the weeds in that area seriously holds a lot of em, ive seen em ;D ANYWAYS good luck man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts