Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: Evergreen Lake 07/03 And Pic's

I do not like to report fish I lose or fish that get off at shore however for all of you Muskie Hunters I will tell you that I was at Evergreen Sunday at the same spot I caught the 37 incher and bam I hooked onto another. I did not know what it was till it came closer to shore but from my previous experience 2 weeks earlier I had a good idea. I did not have a net because I was fishing for trout at the time. When the guy who was fishing to the right saw how big it was he jumped up and I screamed can you net this guy for me...I seriously thought I was going to get my 2nd big muskie...I played him for about 10 minutes...In hindsight I would have tried to wear him out more...This one was about 10 inches bigger than the last...My guesstimate about 45 inches. Finally It was at shore ...Wow this musky was huge...I told the fisherman to scoop it up. He seemed in shock and would not budge I yelled at him again scoop him up. He got the net under the big fish and in a poor net scoop he lifted the Muskie up in the water my lure came off when he did this. The fish was to big to get into the net horizontally and after dancing on the net for a second he manage to slip back into the water unhooked from my lure. he swam out about 10 feet and was jumping and splashing around for a while about ten seconds and then he was gone....Again I do not like to post misses but I was suprised to almost get a second muskie at the same lake almost in the same spot....In fact I had just purchased new line and I was just there to break it in and I was hoping to catch a couple of trout. I never expected another muskie...Well maybe next time. Lots of people up there would have loved to get him in....

· Registered
501 Posts
Very nice fish (or fishes ... or whatever is plural for fish)

I caught a 46 inch 22 pound Northern Pike in Canada a few years ago and it was a blast. He literally drug the boat around for about 20 minutes before I got him landed. I was using a Husky Jerk without a steel leader and felt really lucky that he didn't get the lure farther in his mouth ... or it too would have been a fish story.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.