Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Evergreen for a couple of hours with Father-In-Law. We walked the shore tossing a variety of lures only manage one small brown but had a few bites each. One fisherman we talked to caught the biggest Brown Trout I have ever seen caught at Evergreen. He caught it on a worm in the shallow cove to the west of the boat rentals, it was about 22 inches and fat I am guessing about 4-5 pounds.

Also we met another fisherman as we were walking and he stated that he had a big muskie on but it snapped his line, using powerbait fishing for trout. I did not really think muskies liked trout powerbait?

Talked to two other guys on a small boat who were targeting muskie stating they did not have a bite all day, however one of the guys stated he had caught a 31 incher about two weeks ago on a previous trip.

Again this hot weather has drove me up into the mountains...Boy would it be a blessing to have a summer moutain home w/ acreage and I am envious of you guys that do....(dreaming)....maybe someday...

TH

M

·
0 Posts
well i as there the same day but didnt report, we set out the classic bottom trout rigs and then were casting for muskie, saw two stocker muskie then one >30' chillin by the wood walkway

we didnt catch anything and had no bites at all

my only luck at evergreen has been from my lil boat, but i didnt have enough time that day

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Drove to Evergreen Monday. Hoping to accidently catch a Muskie, while fishing for Trout.  ::) (I don't think to many Trout would hit the stuff I was throwing. Or to catch a nice Brown Trout (like the one Dante posted earlier. I should have stayed in Estes.  :( All day I saw one fish jump, got 2 bites, and only caught 1 Rainbow Trout. I caught him off a fly, right in front of the old cabin. My wife tried Salmon eggs, and Power-Bait Trout worms, and didn't get a bite all day. There were quite a few people bait fishing near us, and none of them caught either. A very pretty lake, and definatly cooler than Denver/Front range lakes. I'm sure I'll head up there again. I'd love to try the kayak there, and try fishing the streams/rivers that flow into Evergreen Lake.

Not a Muskie

·
Registered
405 Posts
James,

It looks like you had a great time nonetheless. You didn't bring home the skunk!

I'd trade that one day of fishing for any day at work.

F

·
0 Posts
james you ever need a fishin buddy let me know ive got some spots in estes

·
Registered
80 Posts
My wife works for the rec center up here and we get the kayaks free. My son and I are heading there tomorrow morning. I will let you know how we did. The creek above the lake is pretty good fishing. The one below is alright if you go a few miles toward Morrison.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts