Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,652 Posts
I heard from a couple people that fished Evergreen Thanksgiving weekend and said the ice was fishable.

The weather temp has been below 32 up until today with another warmer day tomorrow, Friday.

I'm looking to try Evergreen on Saturday early morning.

Do you think two days of 40-45 degree weather will cause much of a change in the ice?

I'm a newbie to ice fishing and we will have a spud bar and not venture too far from the shore.

Thanks Guys!

Evergreen Weather

Text Font Line Screenshot Number

· Registered
2,652 Posts
Fished Evergreen this morning. Only a few other guys out on the ice. We were fairly close to shore standing on 5" of white (cloudy?) ice. I'm not sure of the terminology! Make sure you have a spud bar. I was poking around and venturing further from shore when it went from 4" to under 2" in less than 10 feet.

We were fishing in 6-12 FOW.

The ice was very vocal! Lots of cracks and for a while it was sounded like a dog barking or something strange.

At one point we heard a deep loud BOOM and immediately felt a rush of wind that felt like a blast from an explosion! The other group next to us saw us visibly concerned and they assured us the noises were fairly normal. It was wild!

This was our first time ice fishing. Thanks for all the advice, we had a blast catching dinks!

· Registered
2,652 Posts
Pistol,
From the other thread, what lake did you originally think we were at?

Da_teacher,
I was the guy that came over and was asking about your rod saver and bait.
What's funny is I almost asked if any of you were on CF but then thought that would be a bit dorky! lol

Ninja,
Thanks! It was my buddy and my first time. We are both hooked (pun intended) and planning on making a list of different lakes we want to hit this winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.