Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8 year ols son and I went to Evergreen Lake today and fished for a while. Didn't catch anything but was fun. My son was trolling a red and white spinner bait behindthe paddle boat and he got a shock of his life. A very Large Muskie hit the little pole he was holding and he screamed like a little girl. Next thing I knew the canoe was rocking and the gears were screaming. Needless to say the 8 lb spider wire gave and the reel was destroyed. The weather was cool and cloudy and it was around 4 PM. So although we caught nothing it was a great day. We were fishing close to the rocks near rhe spill way.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Oh that would be nice if he caught that. That's why you should always expect the unexpected especially at Evergreen. I have heard more stories about muskie hookups on trout tackle there then anywhere else. I bet he will never forget that fish. How big do you think it was?

B

·
0 Posts
I scouted Teller #5 saturday afternoon. Anybody every caught muskie out of it? Looks like it it use full would be great for Bass.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I had to make a guess it would have been around 40 inches long. My son was using a Bait casting combo from Wal_mart. So it was not the best of rigs to begin with but has caught a lot of trout on it and was a little sad to see it go. I wish he would have had my pole it would have drug it in. But he has hung to muskie there in the same place. The last one was on a snoopy pole and broke the little line. Small muskie and my son was only 4 at the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts