Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished evergreen today from about 10-2 walked around the whole lake ...all in all seen about 8 tigers and had one real nice one take a jig and pig seen him dart twards he faced down towards it I thought I seen his gill open so went to set the hook ...nadda ....oh well almost my first big tiger musky ....no birthday tiger musky .....I did manage to catch one of the worst white trash looking sunburns ive ever had ........any way Ive got a good idea of what to use and where for those tigers gonna hit it up in the morning ...

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
worst white trash looking sunburns
hadnt heard it put that way before

sound like that big tiger is just around the corner for ya

Happy Birthday

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im thinkin of using dead suckers on the bottom .....

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
let me know how them dead suckers work out im planning on trying some dead suckers thru the ice this year

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fishinguitars said:
is evergreen above the 7,000 mark
Probably, but it might be close. The chamber of Commerce website says 7,,200' and others for Evergreen say 7,040'.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fishinguitars said:
I can use waterdogs though right?
Waterdogs are legal above 7000'. I haven't checked the regulations, but I don't think Evergreen has any special restrictions on bait.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet im all set already got my water dogs .......

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well........

We're waiting for your report, fishinguitars......

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well the waterdog certainly got there attention I seen two tigers following them and one took a bite out of the tail but no hook ups .....I thought it might have been the steel leader so i took that off and no difference .......that place is hard to be quiet cause there is always people walking by and talking to you ......all in all the jury is still out on the water dogs for me I might give crawdads a try ....one I had turn on it face down I thought he was munchin on the water dog I waited for my line to move nothing ....some dude walks past me and starts screaming at his dog ...bam there goes my tiger .....im not giving up it sure did have my heart beating when i seen a couple follow my water dogs ....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fishinguitars said:
well the waterdog certainly got there attention I seen two tigers following them and one took a bite out of the tail
That's pretty cool! How big were your followers?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
both looked to me to be over 30 easy one maybe over 40 ....then i seen a couple smaller ones ........i forgot to tell you guys ...when i first walked in by the house right there i seen a largemouth ....never knew they were in there .....it looked to be about 16 and really fat

·
Registered
943 Posts
i didnt know there were largemouths in there. sounds like i need to get up there

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats the only one ive seen I dont think I would target them ...but who knows could be a sleeper ...the guy I talked to there said when they first built the lake they stocked it with largemouths and small mouths .....dont know Ill stick to trying to catch a tiger .....All though I did see one guy catch a midget rainbow

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahahhah..I could just see one of those trout unlimited guys flippin out having a stocker rainbow with a treble through it on a steel leader.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts