Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hear from all of you. What's the craziest excuse you've come up with to get your spouse to let you go fishing. Of course, if you're like me, you wear the pants in your family when your wife isn't home.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I don't make excuses.

I'm going fishing, not to the bar, whore house, etc.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
A lesson I learned in 10 years of marriage and the brutal divorce that followed.

If you have to make "excuses" or "ask for permission" to a person who supposedly loves you more than anything, to do something that brings you happiness.... Then do yourself a favor, get 2500 dollars for a retainer fee and. divorce that woman. Seriously. I'd rather suck start a shotgun than be a slave... or seen as sketchy cuz I like to wet a line.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I don't make excuses.

I'm going fishing, not to the bar, whore house, etc.
Exactly Snagged up!

I've never had to make excuses but I have heard the, "You're going fishing again? But you went last weekend..."

I always tell her I could have a lot worse hobbies than fishing (to which she usually agrees!) :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dallasdb,

Are you saying you are not capable of cooking a hot meal for yourself while sleeping in the dog house?

Quando Omni flunkus moritati.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Dallasdb,

Are you saying you are not capable of cooking a hot meal for yourself while sleeping in the dog house?

Quando Omni flunkus moritati.
And "dog house"... Cmon man. Unless there's whips and chains involved in bed... Don't be a spousal slave.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Like said, if your wife makes you feel bad about going fishing, time to get out-more bad things are most likely gonna happen anyway so cut your losses.

I've never told her she can't go shopping. :)

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Don't need no steenking excuse. Going fishing is who I am-

The same guy She married-

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Dallasdb,

There's no "dog house" in our relationship and I could definitely tell her "what's your point" but I'd rather not be a smart ass to my better half :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts