Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading out to Norton Res in KS next weekend. I heard there's open water and I want to dunk the boat with a chance of getting into some good fish action. I know a lot of guys on here heard east to chase wipers. I'm curious if anyone has been to Norton early season and has any info they are willing to share. There's next to no information on this lake so I figured I'd put myself at risk of the "get off my lawn guys" telling me to go find out for myself... I'll be chasing eyes when I'm there.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I have not been to Norton (Keith Sebelius, I assume?) in years. I fish in KS quite a bit, but have never been this early. However, as the saying goes, walleyes are walleyes. Actually, in Keith Sebilius, it's saugeyes, but same difference, and there is a good population in there:
http://ksoutdoors.com/Fishing/Fishing-Forecast/Saugeye

Oddly enough, I was thinking about going to KS this weekend, but other things came up.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I don't know anything about it, but like AO said, if there is a good population of Saugeyes there, you shouldn't have any trouble getting into a few. They tend to be a bit more aggressive than true walleyes, so if you can find them, you can likely get them to bite.

Good luck! Can't wait for the report!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info guys. I got out the boat last night and it fired right up! I can't wait to get it off the trailer.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I fished there last march for a week. The fishing was great. It was cold and windy but we caught a lot of fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts