Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the chance to do some wiper fishin the other night. Always a blast to catch wipers by any method but winded up having some top water action, which is my favorite way to catch anything. These were my first ever top water wipers. Landed three, one on a crank two on a zara spook. Had two more on which shaked lose and had several more blow ups on the spook without connecting. Really a blast and some of the most massive top water impacts I've ever experienced, each hit looked like a canon ball hit the water. All of em were 10lbs+ on cheap scale. I used the shimano crucial top water reaction rod in the pics which I can attest to be a strong rod due to falling on it on the rocks a while back, figured it would break but has the warranty, well it didn't, I've hauled in a ton of fish on it since and it's going strong. Used 40# suffix 832 tied into 12# yo zuri hybrid for the top waters.

Had to get these pics by myself so they're not the best. I got a couple more pics on my camera that I might post later.

The lure.

Here's what I did with em.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
SWEEEEET!!!! One thing I might humbly add is you might up that leader size at night... Great stuff and you are right, topwater wiper is about as good as it gets!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Nice fish Jevan! Topwater explosions in the dark are the best! I guess I'll have to use your report as an indication that it's time to visit my favorite wiper spots to see if they too are eating by the light of the moon.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
WOWSER ON THE WIPER! :thumb:

GREAT REPORT EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T SPILL THE BEANS ON THE LOCATION . :D

setadoony...
Some of us just enjoy seeing pics and reading a little story about the catch. And if want to know the location.........go find it yourself!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I cleaned up the bullshit from this thread. Sorry shutupandfish... I didn't want to trash a good report... Wasn't trying to step on your toes.

FYI, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out where jevan went. Do a search on the forum if you want to know where. Other than that, good job dude! I'm trying to get out that way again before Labor Day.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Awesome fish!! Thanks for taking the time to post this FISHING REPORT, It has more than enough information to be considered a fishing report!

I was just watching a video of Iaconelli walking the dog with that same type of lure.... I gotta start using those!! I typically stick with poppers and buzzbaits for topwater.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts