Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out late last night hoping for some eyes. Figure it's about time as I have been getting some daytime eyes from shore recently while fishing for bass. I tend to do better when the moon is out so I waited until it was high in the sky. I worked a chartreuse jerk for a while and didn't get anything so I switched to a color that tends to do really well for me when there is a lot of moonlight on a super clear reservoir. The chartreuse seems to be a little much when the moon is bright. I landed nine fish and missed a couple others. They were all 21-23 and healthy. I weighed one 22incher that came in at 3.5lbs on the rapala scale I was gifted by a fellow forum member. My pb walleye is 24inches and I know there are bigger fish in this particular body of water. I just need to keep at it. I caught them on a steady retrieve and a steady with intermittent jerks retrieve. As of right now it's only letting me upload one pic and I have a bunch I'd like to post. It's saying I exceeded my quota by blah blah blah....what's the best way to post pics now? Any help would be appreciated. I tried clicking the link to view my attachments and see if I could affect some change that way but I keep getting a page not found message. Still planning on hitting pyramid lake within the next month and a half or so. In the meantime, though, I'm sure I'll have more reports. (edit-Scroll down for the rest of the pics)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
If you are posting from your phone, download the Tapatalk app. You can upload photos directly. Very easy.

Nice job by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Good healthy looking fish-you'll get bigger ones, its just a matter of putting in the time.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice work, those are some healthy eyes for sure! Good to see the full moon treated you as well as it treated me - although mine were all shorts.
Wasn't exaclty a full moon. Pretty sure it was a couple days late but it was still plenty bright to walk around without a light source.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I feel like you use your swimbait rod for anything but swimbaits :D

I just like using it when I can get away with it. I prefer to switch things up if I can. Now that fall is here, I'm sure I'll be getting into the bigger lures more. You used to ish-talk about me buying too many swimbaits. Now it's the other way around-I think you just wanna complain about something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts