Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just leaving the lake. Fished from 9-2. Consistent eye action the whole time. No big ones but lots of fun. I still can't get over how many walleye scatter when I turn my headlamp on. I keep telling myself that I'm going to put the spinning rod down and either pick up the fly rod or swimbait setup to try something different but the temptation is too great when I know how easy they are with an x rap. So, I'm gonna go back tomorrow night with just my fly rod and swimbait setup and go hard. Talked to a guide who was filleting some eyes for his customers in the parking lot on the way in. He said pretty much the same thing- lots of smaller fish to be had. I'll probably post a couple pics shortly.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Nice....
The "Bigger" Eyes have suddenly become more elusive...
At least during "bankers hours" lol !! :rolleyes:
Lots of "unders" to be had.
With the occasional nice Smallie mixed in.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Looks like a great time mang, I've been sick for the last couple days and finally feel better this morning thinking about going out tonight

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I did manage a 26" er the other day..
Sorry for the crap pic...
I was by Myself.
My Bud was taking a release pic of Me and the Fish from his boat when She decided She had enough and jumped out of My mits... and back into the depths :-\

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im thinking the fly rod could be killer. That late at night, the walleye are so close to the bank and a lot of em are in like a foot of water. A beadhead streamer would be perfect. Its tough fishing rapalas and stuff in that shallow of water.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did manage a 26" er the other day..
Sorry for the crap pic...
I was by Myself.
My Bud was taking a release pic of Me and the Fish from his boat when She decided She had enough and jumped out of My mits... and back into the depths :-\
Sweet! and during the day!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts