Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Down and Dirty:
Basically Falcon Tackle is a small business a guy runs from his house.. he specializes in getting hard to find fishing equipment. Does not have an actual store front but does have a small stock of gear. Also says he makes some customer lures!! He specifically mentioned that his buzzbaits are used all over the state!!

If you are looking for something i would suggest you give him a call, he is a very nice guy!
Falcon Tackle
6392 S. Reedway Suite B, Littleton, CO 80123
303-973-6834

More Specifics:

Well I was on the site that FLYFISHGEEK posted:
http://www.freebasslures.com/index.htm

and was looking into the "Jackall - Swimming ninja" lure :) And went to the site http://www.jackall-lures.com . Then when i clicked on "Store locator" it listed 2 places in Colorado that carry them:

COLORADO

Falcon Tackle
6392 S. Reedway Suite B, Littleton, CO 80123
303-973-6834

Sportsman's Warehouse LOVELAND
1675 Rocky Mountain Ave., Loveland, CO
80538-8705 970-461-5000

When I saw a tackle place listed in Littleton that i had never heard of!! I had to look them up!!

But nothing came up on google using the address :( or the Store name :(

So.. I decided to give them a call, Figuring it was some old tackle shop that was long gone, I was surprised to get an answer!!

Guy named Don answers and I ask him "Is this Falcon Tackle?"
He says yes this is!!

So after a little talk with Don I came to find out that he is a very nice guy!! Had no problem shooting the ISHT with me and gave me the lowdown on his business.

Basically he runs the place out of his basement.. guess he use to own a tackle shop(Don's Tackle box) that he has since closed. Said he is very active in all the bass fishing tournaments and stuff that goes on in Colorado(Denver Bassmasters, ect)

He specializes in hard to find tackle! If you have a lure or reel or whatever that you are having a hard time finding a certain model or color or whatever give him a call!!

He also mentioned that he has a bunch of connections for boats and other stuff!

Thought I'd mention it on here as occasionally we have threads where people are looking for hard to find gear!! Also I know a lot of people would much rather help support a smaller company rather than bass pro.

Disclaimer:
I am in no way affiliated with Falcon Tackle and am just putting this up here because I had never heard of the place(And i live in Littleton) and also because he was such a nice guy i figured i would plug his business a little :) I did mention this site to him and he has heard of it.. didnt say if he was a member or not though.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I used him to get some tubes I could not find any where a couple years back. He didn't even know me and he sent the tubes before I paid him.

I said "are you sure you don't want me to send you the money first?"
He said " Nah I know you are good for it. Besides I know where you live."

;D

There just isn't customer service like that anymore.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I must say that Don is the Man! Don has been in the industry for ever and will get you what ever you need, if he can't get it than it isn't made.

A super guy and has great prices. He is also running the Rocky Mountain Team Series sponsored by Trokar. A team tournament series with small entry fees and large payouts. Check him out!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not a bit surprised to see how many people use him!! Even after just talking to him 1 time for a few minutes I could tell he was a very nice guy!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have known Don for over a decade. Great guy, great friend. You want it, he can get it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts