Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ripped metal with Pillager and LCJ. Kinda slow but by the end of the day we had boated 23 eyes, 4 slimers and 1 carp.

Big eye went 5.25, Carpy went 12.25. man that was SOOOOO much better than working.

Excellent freeking time, quaffed a few coors, life is good!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Don't you ever w...? Oh, that's right gubmint holiday.
Looks like a good time!

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
Very nice guys, to bad my boat never goes on that lake!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
:clap2:

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There were times when the lure hit the water little shad would leap clear of the surface.

Saw a couple eyes come to surface chasing shad-

We were foul-hooking tiny shad on our lures.

The sonar was filled with shad everywhere we tried.

Seagulls were feasting on shad.

Did I say shad were everywhere?

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
I hate the green ass stains on my boat from that lake. Z, Fuzzy and I had my Tracker out there once and only once and it took me scrubbing it down 2-3 times before I got the crap off it. I use to take my old fiberglass boat I owned for about 15 years out there and when I sold it last month I could still see stains around it. I'm real meticulous with my boat and wipe it down right away after pulling off the ramps every time before anything is unloaded and for some reason that lake scum just kicks in my OCD. We use Fuzzy's boat there and mine at Chatty. But you keep talking I may have to give in one more time! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I take good care of my boat and it's always clean. A little bit of algae keep you from catching nice eyes is ludicrous in my opinion.

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
LOL...I didn't say I don't like not going there to catch walleye, I just don't like my boats on that lake. That's why we use Fuzzy's boat there since it's already stained from there and it make us more stealthy!!! :rolleyes: :biggrin1:

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would you tow your boat 17 miles down a dirt road to a very good walleye lake?

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
I have rock flaps for the truck for that and putting gravel guard on the boat trailer for doing that! :thumb:

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There may be some hope for you then-

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
if only I had a nickel every time I've heard that! >:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts