Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO HAPPY to finally be fishing in Fall conditions up in the high country! Our favorite time to target big trout of various species! We went Cold Camping up at around 10.5K to go after big Browns and Cuttys, we made it a fishing only video as we couldn't have a fire and it got pretty damn cold at night!!

Had some great success with the HD Trout lures (Brown Trout and Ghost Cutthroat Trout) and live worms. Also, had some big missed bites and break offs with the fly rod...Got to site fish some massive brown trout and had some that were easily MA size break off, my buddy's did a full body jump out of the water when it happened haha.

Got some good fishing in, some fun underwater release shots, and got some shots of the area with the colors changing during sunset...Came out pretty nice! Good times with the team! Hope you guys enjoy the video!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Good job , yea it gets cold this time of year, especially that high up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What can I say, great video as usual keep up the good work.
Thanks man! Really appreciate that, hopefully everyone can get into some good fish this Fall! Going to just try nothing but fly fishing next time we're up there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Awesome video as usual. I need to get out with you guys next year! I've been catching nothing but tiny browns and bows this fall. Nothing worth posting.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome video as usual. I need to get out with you guys next year! I've been catching nothing but tiny browns and bows this fall. Nothing worth posting.
Appreciate that, i'm posting "part 2" so to speak today as well. Fall bite is really starting to get nuts imo...Sunday and yesterday was nuts for fishing for multiple different species. What area do you fish?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Appreciate that, i'm posting "part 2" so to speak today as well. Fall bite is really starting to get nuts imo...Sunday and yesterday was nuts for fishing for multiple different species. What area do you fish?
I was at the upper Colorado in Granby. We have a cabin up there. I fished from Granby to Gore Canyon along U.S 40. I'm catching them on the dries but nothing bigger than 12 - 15 inches. The water is a bit lower this year.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never fished that area but it's on my list. Wish I had some tips for ya besides to maybe throw some HD stuff. Ya everywhere is super low, never seen most of the reservoirs i'm fishing this low before.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I fished up high last Friday and again today. Saw a guy land a 22.75" Tiger (photo below) on Friday. My biggest was an 18" rainbow. Then today I lost a pig when the hook came out, but I did land a 19" Cut and a 20" Football (aka Rainbow) along with 6 other lesser rainbows. Beautiful weather for it also!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I fished up high last Friday and again today. Saw a guy land a 22.75" Tiger (photo below) on Friday. My biggest was an 18" rainbow. Then today I lost a pig when the hook came out, but I did land a 19" Cut and a 20" Football (aka Rainbow) along with 6 other lesser rainbows. Beautiful weather for it also!
Oops! Here is the photo of the Tiger and my 18" rainbow. I forgot my camera today (of course!)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts