Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Up to 12-inch perch found fishing for crappies, got to love the fall fishing. I hate cleaning these things, it takes forever but they make a great meal!

·
Registered
16,896 Posts
I tried for perch once from that dock and caught exactly 1! Im losing it-

·
Registered
316 Posts
They took the dock out last year, to be rebuilt after they fix the dam. There are perch in the lake but they are hard to come by for some reason, I've caught a couple at a time but never a mess like above. Water level is extremely low and the shore line can be very muddy ( that sticky kind that cakes on your boots) if we get rain or snow.

·
Registered
16,896 Posts
Maybe Ill try it again. I do have the time-

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's such a small lake. I probably wouldn't eat anything out of there. I tell folks where I fish all the time but it's usually a big lake or a state park. Won't mention ponds or small lakes cause yeah, they will clean them out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I guess if you guys like to eat them and don't care what lake they are coming out of there's a **** ton of them in Harper Lake in Louisville. But they seem to be all in the 5 - 7 inch range. I'm sure there are big ones in there since no one has harvested them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I don't know how the perch there taste like now but when I caught them 3 years ago in the summer, they have an algae like smell when I ate them. That was the last time that I fished that lake.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts