Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And she weighed 12.6 lbs ;D Gotta love Pre Spawn!

Got skunked twice earlier in the week but the week isn't over till the Fat lady sings! Also got a 7 lber while I was waiting.

She coughed up a 6" Gizzard Shad as i was beaching her.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I knew I should of cancelled my plans when you called this morning...I knew it was going to be a good one tonight...nice job!...is that your biggest to date?

We got blown off Atown in the afternoon...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Nice job, Neal! That's a beautiful fish!! Did you take time for length/girth measurements??

·
Registered
958 Posts
zman said:
I knew I should of cancelled my plans when you called this morning...I knew it was going to be a good one tonight...nice job!...is that your biggest to date?

We got blown off Atown in the afternoon...
Like most we got towed, only later (around 4:30). SMB was the target but no such love. My friend (brand new to jerkbaits) got to experience a new thrill when he hooked into a nice walleye on a pause. It measured 17 7/8" & of couse it was released. Picked up some trout too while moving spots & when we got out the lipless cranks. We tucked in beneath a wind sheltered point with trees, while using spot lock to keep things enjoyable- just couldn't move to the spots we wanted. I saw one guy leaving with his boat 5 minutes after they opened. The wind was ferocious!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Neal/CO said:
Thanks guys! She was 29" by 20"
That is a PIG!
I wish i would of actually weighed her instead of using the Walleye Central calculator.

She will make a very healthy egg donation soon! She really fought well also! She did not like it when her belly hit the sand, lol.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
With those measurements and that clear picture you could get an awesome replica made.

Picture fixed. That upside down job didn't do it justice. I was having to turn my laptop upside down to see it. :D

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
With those measurements and that clear picture you could get an awesome replica made.
I may actually do that? Do you have any suggestions for a taxidermist?

I caught one on Holloween night in 2009 that was 31" long and had beautiful dimensions! Unfortunately I dropped my camera in the lake that night :( I still think it was bigger?

I didn't realize how good of a picture I got till I got home last night!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
The best fish taxidermist around is Tony Cannova, but he's not cheap. I don't know what a replica walleye would run. If I ever bust 45# on a lake trout, that's who will do the replica. Beautiful work.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts