Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son hadn't really fished for years. We used to go out in the boat fishing, but cars, girls, marriage and a baby...Well fishing had been put on hold for many years. But last year he got interested in fishing again..started fishing for stockers and small bass. He also bought a kayak. Today we went to Pueblo and he caught 20 or more walleyes. One keeper..and a bunch of bass. I had a great time fishing with him. It was a perfect day on the water.

But I still got the biggest fish...haha Two trips in a row with a carp taking a plastic..Sure are fun to catch.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha..Yeah that carp is full of eggs. Won't be long and they'll be splashing all over the banks. Thanks Chris. It was fun...kind of a cats in the cradle thing. Mike, I'm glad he's showing interest, eager to learn and having fun. He's a good guy. He said you were fishing Pueblo yesterday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was fun fishing with you that short amount of time before I had to go! Thank you for all the tips you gave me. Hope to see you and your son out there again sometime hopefully I'll have my trolling motor set up.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It was great meeting you too. If you ever see me down there...just come on over and fish. Always plenty of room. Yeah, a trolling motor will let you fish hands free and hold position in the wind. Tough to fight the wind , hold position, and fish at the same time without one.

You know you can't miss me. I'm the guy that looks like he went to the Army/Navy store and put together a boat.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
awesome Dave...my son was only into it a little...now he has a son that can sit there all day and says gey me up at 4am so we can be there before the lake opens so we get a good spot...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My daughter in law has figured out fishing rather quickly. She's bright and definitely a quick study. I received a text from my son yesterday that read. "Shannon says I can go fishing on Tuesday with you if I can get the deck replaced tomorrow." So, we were going to replace the deck today...but as luck had it, Lowes needs to order the decking they want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts