Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son hadn't really fished for years. We used to go out in the boat fishing, but cars, girls, marriage and a baby...Well fishing had been put on hold for many years. But last year he got interested in fishing again..started fishing for stockers and small bass. He also bought a kayak. Today we went to Pueblo and he caught 20 or more walleyes. One keeper..and a bunch of bass. I had a great time fishing with him. It was a perfect day on the water.

But I still got the biggest fish...haha Two trips in a row with a carp taking a plastic..Sure are fun to catch.

· Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha..Yeah that carp is full of eggs. Won't be long and they'll be splashing all over the banks. Thanks Chris. It was fun...kind of a cats in the cradle thing. Mike, I'm glad he's showing interest, eager to learn and having fun. He's a good guy. He said you were fishing Pueblo yesterday.

· Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It was great meeting you too. If you ever see me down there...just come on over and fish. Always plenty of room. Yeah, a trolling motor will let you fish hands free and hold position in the wind. Tough to fight the wind , hold position, and fish at the same time without one.

You know you can't miss me. I'm the guy that looks like he went to the Army/Navy store and put together a boat.

· Registered
24,883 Posts
awesome Dave...my son was only into it a little...now he has a son that can sit there all day and says gey me up at 4am so we can be there before the lake opens so we get a good spot...

· Registered
11,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My daughter in law has figured out fishing rather quickly. She's bright and definitely a quick study. I received a text from my son yesterday that read. "Shannon says I can go fishing on Tuesday with you if I can get the deck replaced tomorrow." So, we were going to replace the deck today...but as luck had it, Lowes needs to order the decking they want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.