Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my daughter texts me ( she doesn’t call, she texts) and says “ Dad I want to fish with you this weekend, I’m off Saturday and Sunday.”

So I ask her East or West. She says West, so we went to a lake that’s not in N.E. Colorado.

Had a good day of action. Pumpkin/brown 2 1/2 inch tubes on 1/16 jig heads got the job done.

I popped em off the bottom and did a slow retrieve, while Sahara did a straight but painfully super slow retrieve.

Honestly she out-fished the old man with her tactic ( the girl can fish).

We saw weather coming in and had about a half an hour right before the storm hit of really hot action , with hook-ups about every third cast.

Got to love those pressure changes right before a storm rolls in

Best day on the water I’ve had this year, due largely to my company for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice pictures. My daughter would do that but she lives 1800 miles away:( . By the way does your daughter know who Pink Floyd is?

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice pictures. My daughter would do that but she lives 1800 miles away:( . By the way does your daughter know who Pink Floyd is?

She’s pretty up on all genre of music, and yes she does know who Pink Floyd is.

Sorry your daughter is so far away, that’d be difficult for me to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
So my daughter texts me ( she doesn’t call, she texts) and says “ Dad I want to fish with you this weekend, I’m off Saturday and Sunday.”
I can't even drag my kids to go fishing anymore... :thumb:

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't even drag my kids to go fishing anymore... :thumb:
Of the three kids she has the most enthusiasm, though all 3 will eat fresh caught fish eagerly and game, especially venison, without hesitation and in fact consider it a treat.

If I take them I try and make it about the adventure and get them to talking about their lives rather than sheer focus on fish catching, but that's just how it works for me.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Of the three kids she has the most enthusiasm, though all 3 will eat fresh caught fish eagerly and game, especially venison, without hesitation and in fact consider it a treat.

If I take them I try and make it about the adventure and get them to talking about their lives rather than sheer focus on fish catching, but that's just how it works for me.
When they were younger, I could coax them into going fishing or even camping if I promised to buy them treats. Or took them to their favorite fast food places on the way back. Nothing works now, whether it treats or trying to entice their sense of adventure. There's apparently far more adventure on a phone or some other screens now... I even thought about getting another batch of kids... and threatened them with it. >:D

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Send the oldest to stay with relatives for a week and tell rest you sold him/her... the rest will straighten up and fly right! >:D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Send the oldest to stay with relatives for a week and tell rest you sold him/her... the rest will straighten up and fly right! >:D
They are a bit too old for that now. A few years ago, when I first made the threat, I could sense a tiny bit of doubt in the younger ones' eyes. Now they just kinda roll their eyes. :) They've pointed out that "mom says she is done having babies." Well, I could still adopt... "Sure, dad."

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice! I am taking my 5yr old son, and 3yr old daughter fishing tomorrow. I hope they are still as excited about it in twenty years as they are now... I also have a 2 month old, so chances are good at least one of the three will keep interested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts