Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Fathers Day Weekend .

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  pistoldog 
#1 · (Edited)
So my daughter texts me ( she doesn’t call, she texts) and says “ Dad I want to fish with you this weekend, I’m off Saturday and Sunday.”

So I ask her East or West. She says West, so we went to a lake that’s not in N.E. Colorado.

Had a good day of action. Pumpkin/brown 2 1/2 inch tubes on 1/16 jig heads got the job done.

I popped em off the bottom and did a slow retrieve, while Sahara did a straight but painfully super slow retrieve.

Honestly she out-fished the old man with her tactic ( the girl can fish).

We saw weather coming in and had about a half an hour right before the storm hit of really hot action , with hook-ups about every third cast.

Got to love those pressure changes right before a storm rolls in

Best day on the water I’ve had this year, due largely to my company for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#12 ·
Of the three kids she has the most enthusiasm, though all 3 will eat fresh caught fish eagerly and game, especially venison, without hesitation and in fact consider it a treat.

If I take them I try and make it about the adventure and get them to talking about their lives rather than sheer focus on fish catching, but that's just how it works for me.

#16 ·
They are a bit too old for that now. A few years ago, when I first made the threat, I could sense a tiny bit of doubt in the younger ones' eyes. Now they just kinda roll their eyes. :) They've pointed out that "mom says she is done having babies." Well, I could still adopt... "Sure, dad."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.