Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a great Father's Day. Spent the day with the boys. Caught a whole bunch of fish and had a great time.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It was pretty funny Mike. I don't know how they do it. No geese to be seen, but as soon as I opened my sandwich, I was surrounded. Daddy goose, it was Father's Day after all, swam up and plopped himself down on one of my pontoons. Right on top of it, with his feet hanging over my footrest. Bryan says, " Don't look now Dad, but you have eight more coming up fast behind you." So, just for a moment, (until my lunch was done) I was King of the Geese. The boys were laughing as I motored off with thirteen geese tagging along.

Water temps were 70 degrees. I ended up with 42 walleyes with just two over eighteen. The boys caught a bunch. Also a bunch of small mouths. Funniest fish of the day. I had a crankbait on and was going to troll from the ramp to where we wanted to fish. The crankbait was dangling just about an inch above the water, right at the ramp, when a blue gill "leaps" up and hooks himself. Lure hadn't even touched the water.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Good stuff! Sounds like fun was had by all... proper for a fathers day.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Way cool Dave! Looks like it was nice and calm for you guys.

We played in the water without poles but still caught crawdads and frogs. It's great to be a father in the outdoors!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So yesterday, I saw a 12 volt 55lb thrust v2 Powerdrive with ipilot for sale on craigslist for $400.00. This morning my son Jim picked it up to put on his Nucanoe Frontier. Or let's say for me to put on his Nucanoe. He's going to love spot lock on his kayak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts