Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went ice fishin at least 20 times this year.  Several different lakes and as far as lakers go "in my expierence this season" Tourquis lake produced the "fattest girth" of the average size lakers {16 to 20 inchers}
I caught some phatties at green mtn too but the average fish there seemed to be  slimmer  than the ones at Tourquise- and Granby sucked for me this year. Im just curious to see how you guys would conlude your ice fishing results for Lakers this year.   8)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a vex and it works great , but it must be cool to see the actual fish swimming around down there with the vue- I'm afraid if I saw the Huge fish I porbably would not be able to go home..... :D

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I've always found blue mesa to have the fattest, then taylor park reservoir.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This topic title sounds like you're talking about my ex wife >:D !!

I found the fattest macs at williams fork. all between 16 and 20 inches but stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey with scuds.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Personally, Granby produced the biggest macks for me. I caught my biggest mack through the ice this year, 24 inches, 6 lbs. Chunk of sucker on a hook, on the bottom. (Old Reliable).
Twin Lakes produced more fish early, but all were skinny, unles they were over 20 inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts