Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for me I love fishing for browns in one of the granby inlets .....those are some mean strikes

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
Hey ,I fish several inlets to Granby in the fall,also.Havent caught any browns over 22",but have caught and lost some hog macs!I caught 3 r-bows over 22" last year.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was having one of the best fishing days of my life ....we were fishing the inlet that you get to by going past the damn ......walked a mile or so back into there kept catching nice browns around 20' and a couple rainbows even bigger ...it seemed like after every turn there was a spot that looked better and better.....my p*ssy cousin kept hearing things so I had to walk back to the truck with him .....

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
I had real good luck last year at that inlet,too.Its funny with the lake going up and down so much the inlets are never the same!When the lake is full,that inlet isnt real long,but last year it was a couple of miles long.

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey fishing guitars if you need someone to go to granby with i would love to go

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea ill let ya know ....ive been wanting to get into some trout its about that time again ....but fall bass fishin gets pretty good also

·
Registered
943 Posts
so much water so little time ;D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just outside...man it really does feel like fall today ...I cant wait until its like this everyday

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
My biggest laker was last year on sept.25th.I'll be there you know it.

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
Yes I am.I fished Granby from shore 10 years before I got my boat,so I know quite a few good spots.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always do good right on that first bay off the rocks......then the same type of rocks past the dam....but never anything big on the laker side ...i think my biggest is 25

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
The mac in my pic is from last year,33.5"@13lb.My favrite place is up in columbine bay between twin creek and the colo river inlet.The lakers spawn there and so do the kokes.Mix the two and you get an action explosion! Usually,anyway...

·
Registered
943 Posts
i usually do pretty good over off dike 3 .nothing big but lots of 18-22"

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Mine used to be Delaney Buttes...but the word got out (even more so than usual) and i stopped fishing there in the fall for the most part.  Last year i stopped by there during the day after fishing a local river and saw people literally lined up on shore casting over each others lines.  what a mess.  it was like someone threw some hundred dollar bills out in the lake and people were trying to snag one.

Now i usually do my fall fishing elsewhere....like the North Platte.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Stagecoach for the big rainbows. Tie on a wolly bugger
on sinking or intermediate line and hold on. Scenery is awesome if you can get there when colors are changing.
Hammer

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
any where i can wet a line

1 - 18 of 18 Posts