Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
Not a huge fan of lipless cranks in general....but they have their uses...
I am right here. I don't think I have a single one in any of my to go bags. I know I own a few, but I just don't use em

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I gave the clackin rap a few hours in the water last year, and overall was pretty happy with it. Boated some decent fish. It tracks well, hook-ups are great, and is got to be one of the loudest lures I have thrown.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Don't throw lipless cranks anymore-I think this was the lure that first coined the term "idiot bait".

Did I just say that?!?!?! :eek:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I hardly use them myself, I have several Rat'l'Traps that I can cast a long way - But I only chuck them when nothing else in my arsenal is working.

Definitely not a "go to" in my box

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a classic worth keeping. My 2nd largest walleye came on a lipless Yozuri & my 3 largest LMB's came on it. I like variety in fishing techniques & this is not my main technique, but IMHO it's worthy of discussion as they produce consistent results. I realize lipless might not be your favorite type of lure. They aren't mine either. If you had to use a lipless, what brand do you believe in the most?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
kirbydog said:
Don't throw lipless cranks anymore-I think this was the lure that first coined the term "idiot bait".

Did I just say that?!?!?! :eek:
An idiot bait if you just cast it out and reel it in. Several different ways to work it so I think that makes you the idiot. :D

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Why hate on such a proven fish catcher? ???

I, like Boobman, prefer the classic Rat-L-Trap. I use exactly two colors (chrome/blueback and red) in one size (half-oz)
I replace the stock hooks with Gamakatsu EWG trebles, and replace the split-ring at the eye with a duo-lock snap.

This is one of the best lures available for shallow, murky water.

SS

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Wow Boon, so much for my attempt at a little humor. I realize there are different retreives with this bait, just doesn't suit my style of fishing.

I do have a couple of rattletraps and one or two Cordell Spots, haven't seen the water in years.

To each their own.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
lol Kirby
Not my favorite but have caught some decent fish on em. Have a box full.
Rattletraps have worked best for me but I do have some xcalibers on the way.
Daiwa vibes produce for a couple people I know.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
My favorite lure at Pueblo when the shad hatched used to be the 1/8 oz Rattletrap. Everything in lake would eat it.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Favorite lipless crank bait?!...

For Colonative its Tony!...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts