Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what your favorite polarized sunglasses are for sight fishing and also what color lenses? My preference would be a pair that works in low light conditions but still work in bright sunlight.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Costa for me. Durable and a great warranty, but more importantly they have top shelf polarization and clarity in a wide range of lens colors and frames. Plus they're designed specifically for fishing.

To answer the specific question, green mirror, silver mirror, amber, vermillion, and copper are all amber-based lenses in Costa's line-up, meaning they will all increase contrast especially with green and browns. Green mirror is my all around fav. It blocks 2% more light than the others listed. For pure low-light use, amber, vermillion or copper are the best choices for light transmission. CL

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
They are good glasses no doubt but not worth the 240-250 dollars IMO.
I set them on my partial wall between my kitchen and living room and being so top heavy due to being glass the fell around 40" and landed on the lenses causing one to spider.
I did the warranty information and sent them in. About 7 business days later I received a email with a estimate on fixing them which was $100 plus tax and shipping back. So $113 later I had two new lenses (they replace both). I asked them to send me the other good lens back and they would not. So of you break one and it is your fault you might as well take the other one out as a backup. So I am into these glasses for quite a bit. It was my fault for them falling but they wouldn't work with me a bit on these 1 month old glasses. I thought $100 was steep to replace them but it is what it is.
If I lose these or they break again I will be replacing them with a different brand.
Btw they are the top of the line 580 green mirror lens.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Me neither. Paying $200 plus for glasses seems crazy to me, but to each their own. For me I'd rather put that money into a new rod or reel.

Maybe its because I either end up losing them or sitting on them and breaking them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts