Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
T&T baby, with sage and TFO(quality and value) coming in a close second and third.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're gonna have to atleast try the new Orvis zero gravity rods. The damn things pretty much cast themselves. I casted the 8wt the other day and if felt as light as a 4 weight. Those rods are out of this world...I'm just waiting for the price to come back down to earth!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Im a big Thomas & Thomas fan...but i like my Sages also.

but dont get me wrong....I also like my old St Croix....i aint picky.

C

·
0 Posts
Had to vote for Sage. I still feel that they have the best feel and response. I will go cast the new Orvis and see whats happening there.

Winston and Loomis are wonderful rods as well.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so far a pretty wide desparity. I am all Orvis but I must say I tried a new rod this summer called Elkhorn. MEt he manufacture and he sold a rod to one of my buddies. They feel great, I just wish they had a better appearance to them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Of the list provided, I'll take Sage. I fished my buddies 6wt TCR in October and loved it. I also really like Loomis GLX's. My 6wt crosscurrent is a wicked streamer rod and my 5wt GLX classic is my go-to trout rod. It does it all. I picked up a TFO Pro series 4wt this spring and love the way it casts . . .don't like the cork/hardware at all. I've aleady worn a thumb groove in the grip and end up with sawdust on my hand after fishing it a little while.

TP

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like the St Croix Legand Ultra. I think it is the ways it feels to me. No flys on any of the above mentioned(no pun intended)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts