Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
17,068 Posts
These reels are used exclusively for bottom fishing, often in sandy areas. They don't get as much use as my other reels, but the sand can't be good for them. I think that's why the Medalists faired better. They have sealed drags and ball bearings. You don't get those kind of features on Shimanos at that price point.
And I don't baby my stuff thats prolly part of it. ;D

I agree with the lack of tangles on a Shimano. even when the tip guide is freezing I don't have much trouble casting.

· Registered
17,068 Posts
I wanted to make sure I was going to buy my latest setup before posting it. So, this will be my new lake setup.

Fenwick HMG 7'6" ML 1pcs. (barely fits in my Jeep Wrangler)

Shimano Stradic FL 2500

Power Pro Super Slick V2

The longer rod because I just fish from shore and it will give me a little more distance.
You told me you don't" DO" lakes they're too boring-:confused:

7-6 is kinda long hits the trees. You will get more distance with Nano.

· Registered
17,068 Posts
Bwahaha- Yah I fish shore long b4 I had a boat. Sometimes a long cast made all the diff. Z is kinda scary in a boat just gotta keep eye on him. but Ill put my long casting skills with anyones-

I been driving 4 hrs to find ice. In fact Im driving 13 hrs to find ice this fridy-

· Registered
17,068 Posts
The farthest cast really doesn't matter but it'd be fun to try! Its all in technique rod/line/lure/huck.

Why do peeps scale Everest? The challenge!

· Registered
17,068 Posts
I had some cabelas cards burning a hole in the wallet and after seeing everyone's post I realized I was severely deficient in the quality rod/reel department.

Went to BPS to specifically load up with Slayer's combo (in hopes I eventually get an invite)....the St. Croix Premier paired with the Shimano Sahara

Well, I walked out with something different (but still crossing my fingers...). Picked up a 7' ML Fenwick HMX paired with a Daiwa Regal 2500.
That should work. Diawa? Really?;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.