• Fall

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering which season is the most popular. It would be great if everybody could vote and the explain why they like a paticular season, what they fish for and where. I really like spring time fishing for bass. I think it is my favorite because I normally have been locked up for a while in the house waiting for the hard water to go away. I also love the fall at Elevenmile for pike but I think bass fishing is my favorite it has a special place in my heart since I grew up back east doing it. I always hit Pueblo in May and I always seem to do real well. I don't think I am as good of a bass fisherman as I am pike fisherman but that is more due to the abundance of great pike fishing opportunities near me. The only two bodies of water I fish for bass on is Pueblo and Brush Hollow and both have their limitations. There seems to be a ton of great bass fishermen on this site which is cool. Next year I want to put as many days on Brush Hollow as I can in the spring to see if I can get any better at bass fishing.

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
I'm with Don-I cant pick a season.I love ice fishing in winter,Ice-out trout and wallys in spring,Spawning macs and brooks and browns in fall, and High lake heaven in summer! Its all favorite.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
All of them ! :D
If I had to pick one though, it would be spring. I love the water opening back up, and having spring and summer ahead of me.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I too am a spring guy, the fish are coming off the winter when they become slow and are putting the feed bags on.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I had to put winter only because it seems be the time of year i get out to fish more because of my job.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I picked summer because I can go on floats on rivers that are normally too cold or too low or too muddy other times of the year. I also like being able to do the multi-species thing, and summer is the best combination for that, even though it is not the best time of year for any species in particular, besides catfish.

F

·
0 Posts
I get excited for all the calender periods!!! Some of my yearly highlights are first top water bass action of the year...pre spawn brown trout fishing in the fall...The first weekend the arsenal is open...or anytime the weather gets bad and all the sissy's head home and leave the water to me and other fisherman who are willing to fish in rain/snow/wind or anything else fair weather fisherman won't endure!!!

F

·
0 Posts
hahahah..na..It is funny though on the dream stream as soon as it starts snowing most of the fisherman dart off to their cars..When the snow starts coming down thats when I get excited!!!!

F

·
0 Posts
I see so many fly fisherman wading right in the spots where I catch fish on the dream stream(I also fly fish)...It's like some guys forget you wear waders if you need to get into the water...just because you wearing waders doesn't mean you MUST be in the water at all times

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I rarely wade at the Dream Stream, but I will have my waders on. I think if you dont fish all the seasons you are missing out on something. Every season has its own highlights.

F

·
0 Posts
without a doubt...I have just started ice fishing and it's great!!! I see a new addiction in the near future...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Spring...mainly cuz its my most productive. Brush and aquatic vegetation hasn't taken over and it is prespawn for a number of species. Temps are favorable yet mosquitoes aren't buzzing around my head in squadrons.

But I have come to respect all seasons in Colorado for their individual magic.

Ice-off, bass prespawn...man I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
scorpion_bsk said:
Spring, Summer and Fall!!!!!! So far not winter at all, but I have never ice fished before.
There are so many Tailwaters here in Colorado that you dont have to ice fish to enjoy big winter trout.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
In Order...

Summer...longer days...and night fishing that cannot be beat...the longest season (summer lasts from March 1 (can be 70 degrees for a few days in March) until the last day I can put my boat on Chatfield)...

Fall...as FG...most guys pack up...packed areas are now desolate...throw in some weather...and you have it all to yourself...and the best thing about fall...Pueblo shad boils...wipers that follow...

Spring...rebirth...hope springs eternal...

Winter...I ice fish to get out...I dont get cold easily but I prefer warmth...it would probably surprise most of you...as much complaining that I have done about the front range lakes icing over 3 weeks earlier this year...that I ice fished Chatfield 2 or 3 nights a week last year after work and plan to do the same this year...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fall - the flows are low, the temperature is just right, and the tree colors are perfect. Add a little snow cap to the mountains, and it is the best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts