Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

What is your favorite species to fish for in Colorado?

• Rainbow Trout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Walleye

• Wiper

• Tiger Muskie

• Largemouth Bass

• Smallmouth Bass

• Yellow Perch

• Crappie

• Northern Pike

• Kokanee Salmon

• Brook Trout

• Cutthroat Trout

• Bluegill

• White Bass

• Channel Catfish

• Carp

• No favorite

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Mine is a toss up. It is sort of trout (rainbows and browns) and then pike. It is hard to say, I really enjoy variety!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
ePiC said:
Bullheads are smaller catfish with BIG heads, the easiest way to tell if it is a bullhead is its belly will be yellow.
bullheads have a flat tail whereas a channel cat's tail is forked. Hope this helps clarify. It was definitely a channel cat.

E

·
0 Posts
Ironcially, the red line on the fish holds the oil, which is the healthiest reason to eat fish...Omega 3 fatty acids...however, as some of our friends have already pointed out, it is also where contaminents can conentrate...skin, and fat.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks Nawanda ;) I know there are bigger ones than that in the lake where i caught this one. One of the workers told me last year he found about a 25 to 30 pound catfish laying on the bank. Someone had caught it and didn't want it i guess.

·
Registered
943 Posts
my favorite woul be catfish. but anything that bites is also good(except mosquitoes)

·
Banned
487 Posts
I really don't have a clear favorite, but wild rainbow trout in rivers are close to the top. Northern Pike are a favorite of mine as well, and I'm very protective of them and I generally release them all. With the exception of Spinney Mountain in some respects, the campaign of hate, disinformation, and extermination that has been waged against pike by the CDOW and to a lesser extent TU is unallowable. Keep the limit very high in Spinney and please if pike are removed, relocate them. Otherwise, encourage the release of larger pike and please manage fisheries for them where trout are not meant to be, such as warmer impoundments.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Welcome to the board IceInThe Veins a.k.a. MD21. You will bring a new perspective to the board. I knew you couldnt be far behind T.F.B.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I like that name. I tried to think of something similar for myself, but the best I could do was "Too much beer in his arteries."

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine are either Salmon, Bass, Trout, Wiper, Walleye, Carp, and every thing else.

And I say who cares what Fish You catch anyways right.

·
Registered
35 Posts
no favorites but there nothing like jumpin up after ur poll when a wiper hits even if it a dinky one. homie threw out his back at lonetree casing after his pole he caught his fish layed out on the ground hehe. he says he hate fishin for wiper now. me and other homie caught another half dozen by the time ambulence got there. its kinda mean but he looked like a beached fish we all can laugh about it now

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone, new to the site. Have been following the posts for some time at work, but I am not allowed to post. Great site. Favorite species would have to be Walleye. Just to good to eat not to fish for them!

·
Registered
9 Posts
being from texas, my fav is definately LMB

when i go to colorado, i love fishing for brookies, really fine eatin, i love fishing the rocky mtn streams

i like catfish too, excellent taste and put up a heck of a fight

whites can be fun too when ur not catching any bass or cats

when i go to pueblo res, i love fishing for walleye, never cooked them but heard they could be divine

41 - 60 of 197 Posts