Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I have different ones for different situations. I will only say this..my favorites suspend perfectly, which is most important ... I love the staysee minnow, and this Mega bass one too, but my favorite lately has been a $4 cheapo knock off that comes in small lip and large lip... I love em because they are the quality of Lucky Craft or Mega Bass with the price of cotton cordell!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
XRaps perform well right out of the box...I personally like those best. Rogues are nice, but can be wishy washy.

I am not impressed with Lucky Craft. Husky Jerks are good in colder water, but they tend to rise in either warm or cold water from what I've seen.

The Bomber Long A's are nice, but they don't make a lot of colors I like.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I have never gone wrong with a rapala x rap.. perch color for most warmwater species, and rainbow trout for the lakers during iceoff and fall.

yozuri rainbow trout patterns are lethal in various places in grand county.

I do like the rogues as well.

I also think luckycrafts are overpriced pieces of chit. never caught anything on the one I splurged money on, and I wasn't brokenhearted when I lost it on a rock in keystone spillway.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Rogues for Bass and Northerns. Started fishing those years back after seeing some nice reports from some fishinguitar guy ;) Already bought a few of the new JR.s and am stoked to throw those.

Dynamic HDs for Trout. Really found a ton of confidence in those in the past two years. Caught my biggest Brown and Brookie of 2011 on HDs.. Plus lots of other fish

XRaps for anything.

I'm starting to really like the Flatraps as well.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I own about 10 different jerkbait design's.

I always have a couple different ones on when it's windy.

Most used LC 100.

2nd LC 75

3rd Xrap

4th Xcalibur (pretty much a rogue but casts more consistently)

I do love Rogues at night and in off color water.

A new favorite of mine is the clackin rap. Different sound and it fishes deeper because it is a very slow sinker, square bill also.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
longdraw said:
Pointers and Staysees almost exclusively with a few Visions peppered in.

The reason: Confidence.
I have to agree with Longdraw 100% however I dont use Visions, just LC Pointers and Staysees. I wish I could have confidence in a cheaper bait, but until then I will pay the asking price for LCs if it will put fish in the box...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts