Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering which battery you guys like for trolling motors and why? I just got a yak and am thinking about mounting my trolling motor to it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've had a couple of AGM batteries in the past and did not find them to be so much better to justify the high price tag. At the beginning of this season I got a new Duracell at Batteries Plus. I got the mid sized one for $99 and I love it. Runs all day.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I think he was refering to the lack of battery acid available to roast your balls off in the event of a rollover... a sealed lead acid would also fit the bill.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I think he was refering to the lack of battery acid available to roast your balls off in the event of a rollover... a sealed lead acid would also fit the bill.
this
I don't like any lead acid in any boat, I have had a lot of trouble from corrosion from battery acid in wiring and elsewhere

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
I have 3 Interstate lead-acid in my Tracker. 1of the trolling motor batts and the big motor batt has been there since March of 2010 when I bought my boat.. Which means their from 2009. They seem to last well-

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Two weeks ago I bought Cabelas brand AGM at their Thornton store. In the in-store display, they were marked $30 less than they rang up as. They honored the lower price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts