1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So says this article...

Brett Favre inactive, NFL record streak ends
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 13, 2010, 5:50 PM EST

Brett Favre is inactive for the Vikings’ Monday night game against the Giants, bringing to an end his NFL-record streak of 297 consecutive starts.

Favre suffered a shoulder injury eight days ago when he was hit by Bills linebacker Arthur Moats, and he’s not ready to return. Although the Vikings were still holding out hope today that he could play, Favre’s shoulder was hurting badly enough that he never even took the field for pregame warmups.

Favre’s streak began in 1992, when he replaced an injured Don Majkowski for the Green Bay Packers. He kept playing every week for seven years until he had surpassed Ron Jaworski’s record for consecutive starts by a quarterback, then kept playing every week for another decade until he had surpassed Jim Marshall’s record for the most consecutive starts by any player at any position. He kept playing every week in Green Bay, in New York and in Minnesota. Until now.

Tarvaris Jackson will start for the Vikings tonight against the Giants.

The question now is whether Favre’s NFL career has come to an end. It’s possible that Favre’s shoulder will continue to bother him for the next three weeks, and that he won’t be able to return this season. Favre insists that he’s retiring after this season, and that unlike his past retirement announcements, he really means it this time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/13/brett-favre-inactive-nfl-record-streak-ends/

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Hopefully we never have to see him play again! Wouldn't surprise me if he went in for 1 play and then sat, records is all he cares about! He has tarnished his legacy over the last 3 years!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Chris said:
Hopefully we never have to see him play again! Wouldn't surprise me if he went in for 1 play and then sat, records is all he cares about! He has tarnished his legacy over the last 3 years!
yeah, his 4,200 yards, 33/7 td/int, and career best 107.2 passer rating last year was a real embarrasment.... ::)

it was the best season statistically in his career, by far, and the 13th highest season qb rating in NFL history.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
And per usual his turnovers in big games cost his team a chance at the Superbowl! Should have stayed gone!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Chris said:
And per usual his turnovers in big games cost his team a chance at the Superbowl! Should have stayed gone!
Their runningback putting the ball on the turf umpteen times didnt do them any favors in that game either...No Farve last year and they dont even get close to that game...I dont even like the guy...but you gotta give it up for him...18 years straight at that position game in and game out...most whiners get the sniffles and dont show up for work...Tebow was 5 years old when the streak started...gas was 95 cents a gallon when the streak started...it was a simply amazing run...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hmmmm all the Farve Bashing is so funny....

Even the game last night Jackson had to come out because he bumped his little knee.....

Anybody that mocked Farves performance last year, or even his career don't pay to much attention to Football. Did you see what his ankle and leg looked like after the 1st quarter of the Saints game..... Nasty very few people could do what he has done.. Matter of fact I can only think of 1 Brett Farve. It was a pleasure watching him play all these years.

We can blame Interceptions, Fumbles and lets not forget the Refs.... It actually took alot for them to lose that game!!!!!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
x2 wanzek, in a world dominated by cry baby prima donnas he was a pleasure to watch. i wonder how many consecutive games the likes of brady, mannings, cutler, roethlisburger, ect will have. you may not like the man but he set a record that may never be broken.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Yep, he had his issues, but he was fun to watch when he was really "on". And you could never question his "want to".

It's too bad, though, that he didn't hang up his guns after that great season last year.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Truly a great accomplishment for being a iron man, I just hated all the DIVA antics with him coming back or not each year!

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Yep, he had his issues, but he was fun to watch when he was really "on". And you could never question his "want to".

It's too bad, though, that he didn't hang up his guns after that great season last year.
Tebow really "wants to", but his coaches won't let him.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
wanzek said:
. It was a pleasure watching him play all these years.
agreed.... the way he carried himself "onfield" was in my opinion how more "professional" football players should strive to be like.. i wonder if farve ever got in a fight on the field or refused to sign an autograph, etc....he was a hero to a lot of kids out there watching the game...and without the fans there would be no huge amounts of money for these fellas to make...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
jamiehughes said:
wanzek said:
agreed.... the way he carried himself "onfield" was in my opinion how more "professional" football players should strive to be like.. i wonder if farve ever got in a fight on the field or refused to sign an autograph, etc....he was a hero to a lot of kids out there watching the game...and without the fans there would be no huge amounts of money for these fellas to make...
x3

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
jamiehughes said:
wanzek said:
x3
x4... very admirable career that outweighs any senior moments he may have displayed recently trying to hold on to the glory days... you youngsters will learn understand that one day ;)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Chris said:
Truly a great accomplishment for being a iron man, I just hated all the DIVA antics with him coming back or not each year!
Just wanted to add a couple comments again... One any other QB to make the run.. Manning is on his way, he is in the 100's don't know the actual number though. He is another one that don't complain to much and you know you can count on him no matter what.

As far as Favre's Diva antics the only thing I can say is he should have been to training camps.
The coaches allowed that which is a huge shame on them. (Hey they got fired).. As far as the retirering issues, he had to. Green Bay wouldn't retire him and it was in his contract that he couldn't leave and come back to the Division. He had to play outside the Division for 1 years! Then you have another contract issue, He had to retire again to come back to the Vikings where he wanted to be. The last retire was the Media Favre never once said he was going to retire it came out in the Media and shame on him for playing it out so he didn't have to be at Training Camp again.

There are alot of Politics in Sports these days and we the fans don't know the half of it. Here is where I am with the whole thing. Don't matter why it was done it just sheds a negative light on one of the most amazing QB's careers in History.

I just hope that no more of his TXTs get intercepted.!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts